Thursday, February 21, 2008

Digital Literacy Taskforce

I have an exciting opportunity for USF students, especially if you are not graduating in May (though even if you are I don't think it's out of the question):

We invite you to serve on the University of San Francisco's Digital Literacy
Taskforce

Membership:
The Digital Literacy Taskforce (DLT) is made up of faculty, staff and students and meets monthly. The DLT is chaired by the Assistant Dean of Students.

Charge:
Knowing that any kind of media can be used well or can be misused the University of San Francisco will take a mission driven proactive approach to teach faculty, staff and students to make the best use of technological resources while limiting the negative consequences that can be attributed to misuse.

Mission:
Create sustainable goals in the area of digital literacy that will be integrated into the larger University community.

Please contact Julie Orio, orioj@usfca.edu, if you are interested.

I have been on this taskforce for a while, and I really enjoy it. It's interesting, you get the opportunity to give a really important student perspective, and it's not a big commitment in terms of time. I'm the only student on it right now, and it would be great to get more students on board, especially since I'm graduating this semester. Feel free to ask me any questions if you have them.

No comments: