Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Distractions

My new favorite form of procrastination is creating blogs. I have a midterm and a quiz tomorrow, neither of which I am well prepared for, but I've wanted to have a general blog for quite a while now. Just a blog where I can post assorted thoughts or links or insights or new bits of information. Things that catch my attention. Part of what's been holding me back is that every blog needs a name, and I didn't want a boring lame name like "Amber's Thoughts" (though that's probably the most accurate title), and I couldn't come up with anything deep and meaningful or fun and catchy, so it occurred to me to call it In Progress. That way, I can change it if I want, or I can say it's because I am in progress. I am a senior in college, growing up (or pretending to), facing new responsibilities and an unknown future, trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life.

So, here's something thought-provoking (thanks to Professor Goodwin): Will society reproduce itself today?

No comments: