Sunday, November 8, 2009

Over the river and through the woods...

... to grandmother's house we go! Well, more like over the ocean and through the mountains, I guess. This weekend my mom and I went to visit my grandma and aunt and uncle near San Diego. I left them with the promise to write more in my blog, so here I am, dispelling the myth that I disappeared after my first day of work.

I've had a great last few months. I love my job, and my community is a lot of fun. It's always daunting to write a blog entry after a long dry spell, so I'm not going to attempt to summarize everything, but I'll try to fill in the gaps in future entries.

This weekend was nice - it's been a while since I've been able to spend a lot of time with my mom, and it's been quite a while since I've seen my relatives. We hung out, went to a crafts fair, saw Amelia, played Scrabble, and went to my aunt and uncle's church.

Here's a picture of me and my grandma (blurry because it's from a cell phone):


Now I'm back in Santa Clara, and I have a very busy week ahead of me, so it's time to go to bed.

Please pray for the people in El Salvador right now. There's terrible rain, with flooding and landslides, and at least 124 people have died. I have friends down there right now.

No comments: